Thursday, May 21, 2009

Where can I find the cheapest deals on flight tickets, rental cars, and hotels

Where can I find the cheapest deals on flight tickets, rental cars, and hotels?
I am planning on going to Lexington, KY to visit some colleges in that area. I want to depart on February 19th (next week Thursday) either in the morning, or mid-day. I live in Southern CT, so I've been basically checking out the flights that depart from NYC. However, I am willing to change my departure to get the cheapest tickets. My mother will be joining me on this trip. We will be returning on February 22nd (hoping for a morning flight). Now, the date is approaching, and I am having difficulty finding 2 cheap flight tickets, a rental car, and hotel for cheap. I have been looking at 1 stop flights. However, I do not want my trip duration to go over 4 hours (flight, and layover time together). Priceline.com has a package deal for the 2 tickets and a rental car, but they do not include the time of the flight. It simply says anytime between 6am-10pm. I'm thinking it's not the best idea to buy something like that. I am hoping to buy 2 tickets that do not exceed $900 when tax + fees are figured in, because I still would need to book a hotel, and get a rental car. So, can you help?
Air Travel - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Why don't you drive? It is not that far. consideringthe time into the city and time waiting and flying, you could be there. www.Kayak.com has good prices, as does Southwest, but this is a little late to look for cheap fares.
2 :
hotwire.com has very good deals
3 :
Fares vary with departure days / dates. For cheap air tickets use the search engines of Airfare.com (+/- 1 day option), CheapOair & Vayama. For discounted hotel rooms, see the CheapOstay & Hotels Combined search-booking engines in the same website.
4 :
flightline.com,cheapoair
5 :
Make sure you book all three together because you will save a lot of money. I work in the travel industry, and I always refer my clients and my friends to the website BookMe. You can compare prices on all the major travel websites and save lots of money. Good luck, and check out the link below.
6 :
Find two or three hotels in your price range that appeal to you at http://freehotelsearch.50webs.com/ or http://www.orbitz.com. Compare room rates and services and book one of the hotels. Be sure to specify a smoking or nonsmoking room. Reserve the room with your credit card. This will generally hold the room for you no matter what time you arrive.

Search News