Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Do I have to recheck my luggage when coming back from Australia

Do I have to recheck my luggage when coming back from Australia?
This is my first international flight so I'm a bit new to the whole Customs situation. I'll be flying from Lexington, KY, down to Dallas, out to Los Angeles, and then down to Sydney. I have a connecting flight there out to Canberra. Will I have to recheck my luggage from the Sydney flight to the Canberra or will it go straight on through? And.. another question, when coming back to the US, will I have to recheck my luggage after getting off the flight in Los Angeles, as I go through Customs?
Packing & Preparation - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
In the U.S. you will have to recheck your baggage after going through customs, as LAX is your point of entry. I do not know the procedure in Australia. It answers half of your question.
2 :
When you arrive in Sydney you will have to collect your bags and then recheck them because you and your luggage will have to be checked by Australian customs and then you can enjoy your trip.

Search News